Vodafone recognised as M2M ‘Industry Icon’
By insightVAS - Wed Jan 29, 12:57 pm
- 323 views
A recently released Global Research Report by Analysys Mason has positioned Vodafone as amongst the pioneer and industry leader in the space of M2M – Machine-to-Machine communications – which definitely is the newest trend in telecommunications and reflects on trend of data interchange between machines and things. This is in third year in a row where Vodafone M2M services have topped the rankings.
This recognition to the global entity augurs well for Vodafone Business Services, enterprise arm of Vodafone India, which has been providing M2M based connectivity services in India for the past few years.
The third instalment of Analysys Mason’s M2M Carrier Scorecard rates around 12 leading global communications service providers (CSPs) against a common set of six M2M categories, covering service, strategy as well as network and standards. Analysys Mason praised Vodafone for its vision and ambition, saying the company “excelled” in customer experience management”.
Commenting on the scorecard, Naveen Chopra, Director –Vodafone Business Services, Vodafone India said, “This report recognises that customer-centricity is really what drives our differentiation in the market. M2M is not just about adding a SIM card into a device; it is about seamless working across protocols ultimately delivering bespoke solutions via analytics. As a global leader, we are proud to set the standard for customer experience in the M2M market in India.”
M2M is the internet of things, helping to create more connected environments and enabling objects to exchange information in real-time. For more than 20 years, the Vodafone Group has connected M2M customers globally and is powering some of the world’s most prominent and successful M2M deployments – including BMW, Amazon and TomTom. Globally, Vodafone has a variety of established vendor partners, many of whom speak positively of their relationships with Vodafone.
M2M by Vodafone Business Services in India
· Looking at the M2M market, which is growing exponentially in India, VBS is looking at major verticals like Utilities, Automotive, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics, and Financial Services sectors which are early adopters of M2M.
· In a strategic partnership with Mahindra, VBS is providing M2M connectivity for e2o, the first and only connected car, and among the few worldwide, to have telematics based features that enable ‘anytime, anywhere connectivity’ between consumer and their cars.
· In the government vertical, VBS has many M2M implementations for State Electricity Boards and Gas Distribution Companies in India.
· Vodafone Business Services works across sectors with all the major System Integrators (SI) in the country and collaborate with various M2M application service providers and ecosystem players to provide seamless M2M solutions to customers.
· Given that M2M is an emerging business in India, the ecosystem is still evolving and VBS is engaging with the entire value chain from modules to device providers to SIs and application service providers.
Morgan Mullooly, Analyst for Analysys Mason’s Enterprise and M2M research stream, said, “The global outlook for Vodafone’s M2M business is very positive. We are impressed with its focus on Customer Experience Management and by the way it is adapting to local requirements to realise the huge potential in these markets.”
- 323 views